Heritage Fellowship family,
This coming Sunday, the sermon time will be the men of the church sharing. Since this is not new to us, I’ll simply send a few reminders to recap the vision:
- Men, you are the priest of the home and the leaders of the church. The Bible doesn’t give you an option as to whether or not to lead. The only remaining question is “how” will you lead.
- With that being the case, you have a God who is for you, not against you in the process. And as you ask Him to grow you in your relationship with Him (the foundation of your leadership), He will do so! So how are you seeing Him at work? What is He revealing in His Word to you that is making a difference in your life, or in the lives of those in your sphere of influence through the Word? Base your time sharing on the Word.
- Ladies and children… you are crucial in the process. The descriptive word “helper” for a wife, for example, doesn’t just refer to housework, etc. That word is actually the same word that’s used for the Holy Spirit, which should help demonstrate your great value! So “help” your husband (or father, children), to remember what the Lord has been doing, and what He’s been teaching all of you.
- The process that we see in Scripture is that the elder(s) have oversight in whatever is said, making sure all is said in good sound doctrine, not as if grading a person, but in simply being a good shepherd of the hearts of the people.
- We plan to give the men an opportunity to share one Sunday of each month, which gives us the regular opportunity and reminder to be attentive to how the Lord is working through His Word!
NOTE: If any of us were asked, “What did the Lord show you in Scripture today”, we should be able to give an answer! No legalism; no condemnation. Just a regular calling forward!